Squeebles Maths Race
Choose from either one or two player game modes, select from four difficulty levels and challenge yourself with either addition, subtraction, multiplication or division. In two player mode, children of different ages or ability levels can enjoy a fair race by each selecting the question types and difficulty settings best suited to them. With some fantastic rewards, full parental reporting and leaderboards, this app is a great way to help children practise their basic maths skills.
About This App
Designed for children aged 5 to 11, Squeebles Maths Race offers an exciting 1-player or 2-player game, which makes practising addition, subtraction, multiplication and division a huge amount of fun. The app has been carefully designed to challenge each child’s unique ability level, allowing players of different abilities to take part in a "Maths Race" against one another.
- 1 or 2 player mode lets you take part in a maths race against a friend, sibling or the computer.
- Choose from addition, subtraction, multiplication or division questions.
- 4 difficulty levels allow each child to compete at a level appropriate for them.
- Parents / teachers can lock difficulty levels and certain times tables on a per-child basis.
- Progress is tracked for each child so parents and teachers can see how they're doing.
- With 35 Squeebles and 12 flipfish to collect, there are plenty of rewards for children to earn for doing well on the educational part of the app.
- Password-protected parent / teacher zone contains stats and settings for each child.
- Unlimited numbers of children can be registered with the app.
- No in app purchases, no advertising and no internet links of any kind.
The actual race takes place in the Rushing River on Squeeble Island. Children choose a Squeeble, and then a Flipfish for the Squeeble to ride upon. Once they’ve selected which maths skills they’d like to be tested on and chosen a difficulty level, the race begins! With each correct answer, the child’s Flipfish swims a little further toward the finish line and the winner is the first to answer ten questions correctly!
One or Two Player Mode
This is the first app within the series of Squeebles educational apps to introduce an element of competition into learning (in the 2-player mode) – a feature that teachers have suggested works well for some children – although we’ve carefully designed the app so that each child is competing at the level that’s just right for them.
In one-player mode, children can choose a friendly Squeeble opponent, who is either a mathematical ‘Beginner’, ‘Rookie’, ‘Pro’, ‘Expert’, ‘Legend’ or ‘Super Legend’. In two-player mode, children will enjoy the rare opportunity to use a touchscreen at the same time as a sibling, friend or classmate – it’s a great way to maximise learning time without needing a device for each child.
As well as being motivated by the wish to win a race, children are awarded stars for answering questions correctly. The stars can be saved up and then traded in for different Squeebles and Flipfish to ride during the races.
There are three scoreboards, which show the top ten racers for that day, that week and for ‘all time’.
Parents and Teachers
For parents and teachers, the "Parent / Teacher Zone" can be password protected and contains stats for each child so that you can keep in touch with their learning and progress.
As with all Squeebles apps, we aim to offer a happy, positive, self-contained, environment for learning. Our apps have NO in-app purchases, NO third party advertising and NO active links that take children away from the confines of the app.